Need Help with Motion Controls

plctechweg

I have studio 5000 and a kinetix 5700 drive. I need to perform an autotune on the servo motor controlled by a certain axis, but for some reason all of my motion controls are greyed out in the axis properties. The motor is losing it's home position by about 15 degrees every time the machine is power cycled, or when the operator loads a new program. I wanted to try an autotune and maybe a few other commands to see if I could narrow down what's happening, but no matter what I have no control over the axis when I am online with it. I've tried putting the PLC in program mode and test mode with no results. The commands are not greyed out when I am offline, but I don't see how I can perform a live autotune for a motor if I am offline with it. I'm not sure what I'm missing. I'm relatively new to motion control in studio, so any help would be appreciated.

If I remember correctly you cant make some changes when the axis is enabled.

If you right click on the axis, select Motion Direct Commands, you can issue a MSF (Motion Servo Off), then the Autotune will no longer be grayed out. As OysterMan said, the drive cannot be enabled when performing an autotune.

Search for an MSO command on the axis, - disable it temporarily.

some conditions could be turning it back to ON state when you issue the MSF command from the Motion direct commands