Need help with simple ML1000 program

jonb452

Hello all, I am new to programming PLCs and I am working on project involving a reject mechanism on a packaging machine. I am using a ML1000 PLC (RSLogix 500). Here is the goal of my program:

I have 2 inputs and 1 output, all are digital.

When Input 1 is activated, check the status of Input 2 for 1 second. (Input 1 will be activated only for a fraction of a second at a time during this process.)

If during the 1 second check, input 2 is not activated, energize output 1 for 500ms but only after input 1 has changed state 9 times.

If during the 1 second check, input 2 is activated (for any length of time), then no action is required. No outputs should be energized.

This is a cyclic process where input 1 ‘blinks’ on every 1.5 seconds.

I tried programming this earlier but got lost in keeping track of timers and counters. Can anyone suggest a solution for my program? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like your requirements are well defined.

Just take them one by one and create and test the program.
You can always post your program and many would be glad to review and comment.

But no one will do your work for you.

jonb452 said:
Hello all,

Hello back!

jonb452 said:
When Input 1 is activated, check the status of Input 2 for 1 second. (Input 1 will be activated only for a fraction of a second at a time during this process.)

Details of how long the duration of these inputs are on might be needed. As in 2ms. or 45 ms. ect.

This looks like homework. You will have to convince me and possibly others that it is not before we do the work for you. Either way it's customary to show what you have so far.