Need to ramp a PID on PLC-5

I am buidling an incinerator temperature control loop. I have the stack temperature coming in as my Process Variable and the Control Variable is the output to an I/P on the fuel gas valve to the main burner.
The problem is that the stack has to come up to temp (560 degC) over a period of 8 hours, otherwise the protective coating can be damaged. I have been thinking about using setpoint increase by 1 every minute (starting @ 0)logic but is there a better way to do this?
Any help would be appreciated.

The ramp equation is

Starting_Setpt + (Ending_Setpt - Starting_Setpt) *Timer.ACC|Timer.PRE

If you do a forum search on "ramp" you'll find other posts on the topic.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I have an old Sentry Palletizer (S/O Number 3007 / Serial Number 1172) that has lost its program as the backup battery died years ago. I can...
Replies
Views
So i've been at this for a long while, i have Citect Scada 2018, i have full access to everything but i can't seem to find any option or...
Replies
Views
I've got this 3-phase 575V motor that we're controlling with a VFD (Variable Frequency Drive), which has been quite the learning curve in itself...
Replies
Views
I'm fairly new to Rockwell software, I've had some basic training in the past but nothing too advanced. My company and I use Reliable products for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am having issues accessing my Cimplicity software - the site code changed after re-install and I am no longer able to attain a new key...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom