No Screen Selected (PVPlus 600)

rms65

Hello everyone I am still very new to the PLC, HMI world so I apologize if my question has an obvious answer. I am downloading from FactoryTalk ME to my PanelView Plus 600. The HMI, after I loaded the application, says no screen selected. I have gone to the display settings in view studio and selected the screen I want to come up first. When I test the application using the software it works fine, just not on the HMI itself. Is there something on the HMI I need to change? Thanks.

Welcome!
WAG..When you download do you check the box to run the project on start-up?

HTH

Yes but I did forget to check the box for replacing communications and then had to change firmware. It does work now. Thanks for your reply!

Glad to hear you got it working.

The text "No Screen Selected" appears "behind" the Displays in FactoryTalk View ME.

In versions prior to about v5.0, there was no default display opened when you started the project, so it was a frequent mistake to load a project with no display to show !

The project I'm working on right now has an on-top Display that functions as a navigation bar at the top of the screen; it's always On Top and is the Start-Up display. But it only takes up the top inch of screen.

You can still see the "No Screen Selected" text for about a second during startup while my clumsy Macro -> Tag -> Remote Display sequence opens up the second display that fills the rest of the screen.