Nonconvertible PLC-5 indirect addressing

phuz

Running into a PCE that I haven't encountered before. They are using indirect addressing for a recipe structure and you can't use the same format in Logix.
Just curious what you guys have done for minimally invasive workarounds.

Capture.JPG

I guess they have used different integer datafiles Nx .. Ny to create a two dimensional structure. Each datafile contains the values for one recipe. N7:0 would then be a recipe index, N[N7:0]:5 one of the recipe parameters.
The Logix equivalent would be a two dimensional array like INT[x,y], where x would be the recipe index and y the recipe parameter. Look at the datafiles referenced by N7:0 to see how many parameters you will need. Search for the upper and lower limits of N7:0 to see how many recipes you will need to recreate. You will have to edit the indexing logic though.

Adding indexing logic was one of my thoughts, but it appears to be only 12 recipes, so a simple index comparison to the value followed by its respective COP instruction will suffice for this one.

Thanks for your reply.

If I'm thinking correctly, I have run across this issue before. I'd be inclined to avoid two dimensional arrays as I don't like how they're laid out in the tag database, among other things. If it were me, with only 12 recipes, I'd use compare & copy logic like you suggested.