OMRON Auto Update

gfr

Greets,
I am having trouble with my license number entry on Omron's Auto Update site.

I have a licensed copy of CXOne and need to get the latest updates to be able to get the USB driver for our CP1H.

Your thoughts appreciated.

David

Leave out the dashes and try that.
Have you registered the software online?
If not you will have to so that they also have your e-mail address as a check.
Also you will have to specify your region as some software is only available in Europe.

syntax error = I hope not

Omron's update software leaves allot to be desired. Manual or auto. o_O I entered the auto-reg number as 16 digits without spaces or dashes as they said with no delimiter. Still no joy.

Our CX ONE is fully reg'd on their web site and I can download the updates manually, however the updates available are presented in a more cryptic format and force you to go through too many hoops to update leaving me with the feeling that I have no idea what is being updated.

Leave out the dashes and try that.
Have youyou will have to so that they also have your e-mail address as a check.
Also you will have to specify your region as some software is only available in Europe.

What version do you have? The latest version is 3.1 I think.
Do not use the Install Shield updater - Omron have a much, much better one now.
Go to Start Omron - CX-One - CX-One Auto Update. It may update the updater first and the next time you go there it will show you the updates available, click on install and you do not have to do a thing.
It is the BEST industrial automation updater I have seen - and I can assure you I have a few. Only one up there with it is the Citect Driver Update module - it works as well as the CX-One updater.
If you have an older version of CX-One they were always a bit of a pain to update but the new one is great.

Tech support number available ?

Thanks for your input.

Our CX One shows Version 1.12 on the package of CDs. The components that make up the distro may have different revisions.

The update interface you mentioned is the one I am having trouble with. Omron should list a support phone number on the screen for reg failures and help.

When I manual update the list of available updates does not correspond to the list shown in the auto-update screen. The auto update-screen shows a fix for newer versions of the USB equipped CP1H which I assume I will need for our newly purchased CP1H.

Is there a support person I can call to get this fixed ?

You could try your local distributor or Omron US. I have never had to get help there.
Also, I did not think the CP1 was supported until CX-One V3 - I could be wrong - will try and check today.
If that is the case you will have to uograde CX-One.

By upgrade I guess you mean purchase a new copy ?

I found a USB driver that worked and am able to upload code from the PLC and see it online in real time. Can I be relatively certain it is all there ?

David