Omron CJ2H communication to fz3 camera

Skippi83

I have 2 cameras set up on one of our production lines. Both cameras are fz3 omron cameras communicating to a CJ2H Omron PLC through a 232C. One camera was already set up and had no problem operating. The camera I am setting up is mimicking the first camera. I had to change the communication words obviously. The first camera is using D25000 - D25149. The second camera I am setting up is using D15000 - D15149. My new camera will not take a picture using my memory area D15000. But if I change the camera settings on the new camera to D25000 it will take a picture. The plc logic for these are identical with different trigger bits and using the different DM words. What am I missing in the PLC logic to make the new camera take a picture? Thanks for any help.

Skippi83,
Welcome to the forum.

You will need to look at the FZ3 programming.
There should be an expression with the existing data going to the plc. You will need to modify this to include the second camera data.

You may also need to modify the plc program.
If it is using RXDU and TXDU instructions, the data length may need to change.

Good Luck,
gtsuport