Omron CJ2M Error after setting IP address

JorgeGetson

Hi,
I am very much a novice when it comes to PLC's I have only ever had to change the IP address on them, and go off notes left by a previous employee. I have changed a few over the years, but today received an error and can't get back into the PLC.

I am using CX Programmer 9.43

The steps I took were as followed.

1. Connected laptop via ethernet directly to the PLC.
2. Inside CX-Programmer selected the Ethernet/IP Node Online button.
3. Put in the IP Address of the PLC, connected and downloaded the program.
4. Selected the Program Mode button.
5. Opened up IO Table and Unit Setup
6. Expanded 'Built in port / inner board' and opened up the settings page from with in there.
7. Set the TCP/IP settings from the 'TCP/IP' tab
8. From the 'FINS/UDP' tab added in the address of the PLC as node 1 and the device it is communicating with, with the relevant node number.
9. OK'd and exited all settings
10. Selected PLC > Transfer and selected Transfer All.

During the transfer stage an error appeared that it failed to transfer Symbols. Since then the PLC flashes the following:

HE
IP
Er

I can no longer connect to the PLC, when I browse it, CX-Programmer finds it with the new IP address, but it is greyed out. When I manually put in the IP Address, it won't connect.

Thank you for any assistance.

For the CJ2M, you'll also need to set the rotary dials on the front of the PLC (NODE No.). Note they are in Hexadecimal. For example, if your last octet is 14, then the dials will be set to 0E.

You can also connect to the PLC via USB. If the drivers are not already installed, you can find them in C:\Program Files (x86)\OMRON\Drivers\USB.

Are there any other devices connected to the PLC via Ethernet? Changing the IP address in the PLC can cause a lot of issues if you do.

The rotary dial settings need to match the last octet of the IP address as noted above. Also power cycle after settings have been made.