Omron CPM2A issue

The CPM2A does not have an I/O table.
I/O tables tell the CPU what I/O modules to expect and how they are configured. The CPM2A is fixed hardware, so no I/O table is required.

I tried to locate explanations of the error messages and have not located that information.

The first error message is indicating an incorrect version of the Symbol (Name) file. If I remember correctly you created this file.

The second error message I think you nailed. Looks like the comments may take more memory than the 1k allocated.

Maybe BobB has seen these issues?

I did create the symbol file at the same time I modified the programme.

I have increased the comment memory size in the CPU settings to Max.
I'll try again when I next go back to site.
Client is up against their customer supplies at the moment, hence why I am trying to work off site as much as I can.
They have 0 stock, when they normally have circa 2 months stock!
Hence why we are trying to speed the machine up.

Sorry about the PM's earlier! :oops:

I realise that there is no IO table, but I get different error messages depending on whether that tick box is selected on download IIRC, when I pull the programme back up.

I don't have the exact same hardware here as is @ site to try things out on.

I have a CPM2A 30CDR-D, the client machine as a CPM2A 40CDTI-D.

I don't think it will make too much difference will it?
I have tried to find the subtleties in difference and failed, the obvious IO differences are easy to identify.

Thanks again for the help.

The CPM2A does not store symbols and comments in the PLC I believe. Only the later PLCs have this ability. Even the CS1 duplex processors do not store comments and symbols as the processors have not yet been upgraded. The CP1, CJ* and stand alone CS1 PLCs are the only ones that store comments to the best of my knowledge - and the new NJ I expect but I have never used it.

Thanks Bob, that may well be right, I'll certainly bow to your superior experience! ;)

At least I can monitor the programme on line with a commented file on the laptop, updates are slow though on the ladder display.

Not far away now with the programme.

Serial is certainly a bit slow - have you upped the baud rate at all? They default to 9600 from memory. Have a look in the manual - I think you may have to turn a DIP switch off to enable higher baud rates Paul.

By the way Paul I find it handy with serial comms to place a text file in the same folder as the program with all the comms settings for a later visit and you cannot remember the settings. Although the auto search function in CX-P has made that a bit redundant I guess as it works really well.

Hi Bob,
Yes the default is 9k6, but TBH for up/dn load it is OK, but, for monitoring it could be worthwhile upping it!
Not thought of that.
Yes there is a switch along side the 9pin for default 9k6 etc. or software set values IIRC.
I'll look into that the next time I am there, and yes, I will generate a text file of the settings if I change them, another good idea.
I guess that the auto search function may still connect, as the unit is @ defaults then there is no drama at the moment.

Thanks again.

You can change the serial port settings in the Settings option from the Project tree. I think the DB9 port is referred to as the Host Link port.

If you make changes, you will need to download them, click Settings in the Download confirmation dialog then download.
Once complete, I always suggest cycling power on the unit to make sure the new values are read for the port.

Hope this helps.

Thanks gt,
I, was, going to have a play with my pet system here tomorrow and change baud rates, but, I am now on an AB Poweflex 700 breakdown!

I'll have a look at the settings, & have a play as soon as I get a chance, I would like to see if it gets clearer for monitoring when I get back to site.
I don't have the Omron software on my general office laptop, so I'll have to dig that one out.

Thanks again for your help, all of you.