Omron CX-Programmer Structure Array Tag Index

Hann

I am using a function block that has a in/out parameter that is a structure.
The structure has an array as one of the elements.
I can index the elements in the array if I hard code it e.g. struct.array[0]

I want to index using a tag e.g. struct.array[index].

I get the following error
ERROR: In a structure variable, only one variable index can be used in the root struct array. Rung 73 (7,40).

Is there a way to accomplish dynamic addressing in a function block given this limitation.

I am investigating indirect registers, but are not yet familiar enough to know if it will work.

possible workarounds, off the top of my head (no experience):

replicate (block move?) the entire array to a function block-local copy of the array, and then extract a value from that using [index].

Or perhaps create a function that takes an array and an index as input parameters, and returns the value at that index.