OMRON G72C-OD16-1 can it work with RS485 and other plc?

bigplik

Hi,
I wonder if is possible to use OMRON G72C-OD16-1 rs485 module
for communication with other than Omron PLC or HMI.

Can't find any data to understand what protocol they use (MODBUS, MODBUS RTU, MODBUS ASCII or other) and how to build the frame
for this module to communicate with it.

Module I want to use is 16DO with transistors.

I appreciate any info about that.

Hi,
I wonder if is possible to use OMRON G72C-OD16-1 rs485 module
for communication with other than Omron PLC or HMI.

In my experience, remote IO is usually brand specific. The data sheet specifies RS485 for communication interface, as well as which controllers it is compatible with, but does not give any mapping data.
If this module was previously in use, perhaps taking a look at the program would give an idea?

Take this with a grain of salt... I am not a Omron guy:rolleyes:

P.S. Is this a new module? It is rather obsolete.

Hi, this is old module, just wanted to use it to get extra output in other place than my HMI(Weintek) and PLS(AB Micrologix or Delta DVP)and link it.