Omron IL & ILC instructions

Steve Kemp

Hello All. I've inherited a program that uses the IL/ILC flags in 3 locations. (It's all one subroutine/section; 49 rungs, 676 steps, most of it "vertical"!). The first two IL instances are enabled by "always on" contacts and the third is conditional. A brief explanation would be welcomed, as the help file in CX is on the lean side of sketchy. Thanks.

Purpose:

When the execution condition for IL(002) is OFF, the outputs for all the instructions between IL(002) and ILC(003) are interlocked. When the execution condition for IL(002) is ON, the instructions between IL(002) and ILC(003) are executed normally.

I understand it so, when conditions for IL is false execution passes all until ILC (Inter Lock Clear) appears.

Seppoalanen, by "interlocked" do you mean "frozen"? That is, the outputs cannot change? Thanks, Steve.

Steve,

By interlocked, it means that they will be turned OFF. If the IL(02) instruction is powered, the logic will execute as written. If the IL(02) in not powered, the output between the IL and ILC will be off.

Hope this helps.

It works as gtsuport told, I have tested it with Omron plc.
I can't use forum attacment-property, so no pictures for evidence.

Thank you both. I find the use of the word "interlocked" -by Omron- in this context (and its actual effect on the outputs) a little misleading, but now all is clear; thankyou for the explanation!

Steve.