OP37 ugrade to MP370 Interface area problem

Xigent

Hi,
I have been called to site after Siemens(Bangladesh) upgraded my customers OP37 Panels to MP370 Panels - since the upgrade none of the date and times work on the HMI for example where they take reports at the end of a batch.

The HMI's are communicating with TI555's

Apparently, I was told that Siemens couldn't find the problem - and then just left the customer without a functioning system !

Well I did find the problem- the OP37 allows you to use an "Interface Area" - which was used for the Z_Time & Z_Date using 26 words to the PLC as TI555 reads time as BCD converted to HEX- uses a lot of masking and moving and eventually you have the various areas of time and dates into your PLC for copying, moving,,whatever you want to use it for..... but when converting the HMI programme from OP37 to MP370 -it doesn't recognise the "Interface Area" and so ignores it- thus no pointer area - no data to the PLC- thus doesn't work.

The MP370 does have two other areas that the OP37 doesn't have, these are "Date & Time" and "Date & Time PLC" - I was thinking to assign these areas but they are defaulted to 6 words and I can't find any other area to use that can give me 26 words.

It looks like I may have to do a rewrite of the PLC code and do things differently..

I am wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with the like and/or any suggestions how this could be easily fixed with a work around - I really just need to get the data into a V address-

I have 5 systems to do- so I am looking at the work around method. The customer will upgrade to S7 over the next two years from TI so the whole thing will be re-written anyway.. but I always like to find solutions to problems.

Any views comments welcome

Thanks

It is not practically possible to change the current panels to use the old format.
You should modify the TI555 programs to match the 6 words that is the standard of the current panels.

The format is:

Code:
         MSB             LSB
Word n                   Hour 0-23
Word n+1 Minute 0-59     Second 0-59
Word n+2
Word n+3                 Weekday 1-7
Word n+4 Day 1-31        Month 1-12
Word n+5 Year 88-99/0-29

Thanks for the quick reply - 20 minutes response is pretty good !

I thought someone might say that- it's good to get a clear answer, I guess I best get busy then..

cheers for that 🍻