open close servomotor body

Kataeb

Can we open a servomotor body, then reassemble it again without issues ?
Because the customs at the airport want to see the inside of the motor !
We have limited tools on site .
Any special tricks ?
1FK7105-2AF71-1RG1

I've also seen issues when removing the integrated encoder from the shaft. If that's a part of the disassembly you're attempting, you'll have to re-phase the encoder. Which will require intervention from the manufacturer and/or their service facilities. In my experience, they don't release information for that procedure.

Just don't do it. Customs in your country have x-rays and CTs that can detect almost everything. They can check it and see it without opening the motor. If they do not want to do it, you need to file official complain.
If you remove encoder there is practically no way to return it in correct position without special tool and software. I think that encoder has 20bit resolution.

Last edited: