OT: Crapped Canned

We are still short a lead tech on days (handle radio traffic, direct personnel, high speed beef processing plant), and another controls engineer. We need someone to tackle NFPA70E, but also someone who can help me put out fires, and assist with Autocad. In the past months, I have been holding down the fort, but stalled out on some kick-a$$ upgrades due to time constraints. Last week I turned out 6 Autocad drawings for various uses, mostly mechanical this week for a change. I fixed a FES ComMent network twice, trouble shot some other bodies SPC ethernet problem. The previous week, I commissioned two air handler replacements (PLC5 + Ifix) in which we added a reheat coil to knock down humidity. I also redid the controls for the ammonia cooling towers for that side of the plant. The condenser tower has 2 of 6 VFD controlled fans, but doesn't seem to be working better than the tower we replaced. Last year I rolled my own (better than Mettler if I don't say so myself using their frame) high speed sealed case checkweigher. My sausage robot with a leaky J3 transducer needs some programming mods too. It's top speed is only about 102% of normal sausage production, but there are some hesitations that can be removed...soon as I get some consecutive chunks of uninterrupted time...

Upcoming projects include replacing a blender/final grinder with a Weiler Dominator for sausage, replacing the Security Center building with the addition of plumbing facilities, addition of two more recovery tanks and associated systems for fat recovery from waste water. Then there's the old fixed SLC boiler controller (Kemco Direct Fire) that needs to be updated to it's little brother with a Micrologix, and whole host of simple weekend projects (one day usually) like installing a VFD on devicenet for a final grinder unload screw...

The crew is a fast paced hard working bunch. I like it here over all.

Come to the land of bugs, weeds and toll roads. It really is a great place to work, and a good time to get into food.

I will send you a PM with my boss's email and mine for your resume'. Anyone else looking p.m. me for info. They hired a guy last week for 2nd shift lead tech support, but days (5:30 a.m. til 3 pm ish) is still open AFAIK.

Paul

It's been a while but thank goodness for PLCtalk.net, I'm still kickin' in the industry.

1.5 years without meaningful work sucks big ones. I was able to keep my head above water barely but thanks to being able to read here most everday, even though I had to go to the local library, I'm employed again.

My old boss contacted me via FaceBook early last summer and asked if I'd consider coming back to work for my old employer, the one that laid me off. At the time, I was "twixt" and "tween" motorcycle repairs for friends and told him yes, I would be interested. We traded emails and phone call back and forth for a few weeks and the president of the company emailed me with a job offer. So, from West Bend, WI where I was living with a motorcycle bro, I high tailed back to Florida last August. I was in my job for a week and felt like I never left. Sweet and total bliss.

A few things have changed in my "old company". We are now doing international work. As I'm not married or have kids, no baggage, I stepped up and am writing this post from Murfatlar, Romania. Working a fresh/potable water distribution job including radio SCADA. I'm working more the SCADA side than the process/comm side. Using WonderWare Intouch standalones. I don't know ArchestrA but from what I do know about it, it'd be a better fit here. So many of the well sites are the same but thank goodness for indirect integers.

Anyway, just a note on how I'm doing and moreover, a note for those E&I techs, SCADA nerds and programmers who might be out of work,,,, there's work out there, you just can't limit yourself.