OT: Hurricane Dorian

boardmaker

Sounds like most of Florida dodged a bullet but now our friends just north of there are dealing with some pretty serious winds and flooding. Just saw a headline about very damaging flooding and powerloss in Charleston.

That got me thinking about our good friend Ron Beaufort. I took his class many years ago. Great guy.

Hope everyone in it's path stays safe and hopefully comes away with minimal damage.

thanks for the thoughts ... Ron is fine ...

there's "Charleston" which is the old historic district downtown where the tourists hang out ...

then there's "North Charleston" which is mostly suburbs and industrial areas - where Ron hangs out ...

the old district floods every time we have a heavy dew ... the North Area can handle a LOT more rain ...

my wife and I decided not to evacuate this time around ... last night we had a lot of heavy winds in my neck of the woods - but no trees knocked down as far as I've seen ... thankfully the eye of the storm stayed offshore ... we lost power about 2:00 AM - but they got it back on again late this afternoon ... (amazing how many times you walk into a room and flip the light switch on - even though you KNOW there's no electricity available) ...

lots of leaves to rake up tomorrow - but NOTHING like those poor folks in the Bahamas are going through ...

once again - thank you for your concern ... we're fine here in NORTH Charleston ...

- but NOTHING like those poor folks in the Bahamas are going through ...

We are praying for them.... the way it just stopped and spun over top of the islands was un-real, I couldn't imagine what they are going though, I cry when my power goes out for 10 min, makes you think. Hope we can help them. https://www.redcross.org/

I think the US dodge a big one