OT large Gauge Cable for Flexibility

deanfran

This one is out there, but I thought some folks here might have some insight. On some of our machines we have NiCd cutting knives, used to cut molten LDPE. The lead wire on these knives is about 10 feet long, but about the last 2 feet or so are required to flex a bit with a small machine movement. The OEM equipment was long lost, and was replaced by 1/0 stranded copper welding wire long before I ever came along. The welding wire works pretty well, but we have had a couple of failures over the last couple years. Any advice on a better replacement for the welding wire?

You can try to limit the bending place by putting a hose around the connection so it will not bend at same place everytime but gradually taken.
Same problem on elevators cable. they use a wheel, or part of it.