OT: Windows 64 bit ACADE 2010

Brijm

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking to buy a new Dell Laptop, and thinking about the 64 bit system (Windows 7 Professional). I know that some of the older automation software I will need to run in a VM. I would like however to run AutoCAD 2010 Electrical directly from the host. I noticed the DVD's say that it does install on Vista x64. Anyone have experience with ACADE 2010 on Win7 x64? Will my current license work on the new system?

Any other painful situations I should be aware of before upgrading?

Thanks,

I have used 2010 in Windows 7 64 bit. I didn't have to do anything special to get it installed.
Same here. There is a service pack that gets installed with it (if you have an internet connection during install), but I think it will work even without the service pack.

Last edited:
I'm running AutoCAD Electrical 2012 on Windows 7 Professional x64, every day.

It's the main reason I have Windows 7 64-bit on the PC; everything else goes into VMWare.

Thanks for the info. As Ken said, AutoCAD is the main reason I want a 64 bit system. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any problems with it.