OT: Your favorite motor manufacturer.

I'm really partial to SEW motors and VFD's for their servo like performance, ease of progamming with many many options.

Are we talking induction motors?

In that case i like ABB, even though they are pricy.

If not just induction, i like diesel engines.

AC/Inverter Duty- ABB & Reliance
Wound Rotor DC- Reliance & Baldor
Brushless DC/Servo Duty- Sew-Eurodrive & Allen-Bradley MP Series

Oriental is my favorite for steppers and small (< 1/4 HP) induction motors. They make a little clutch-brake motor that works great for indexing small conveyors.

Brook crompton parkinson. Well built, wide range and decent gland entries.
I always think you can do a "proper job" with them!

Got to agree Ned. It's a sod in the UK with motors coming from all over the world.
The gland entries can be any size and trying to find or fit the correct reducer or adapter for whatever 'cable' you are putting in is a nightmare.

I'm really partial to SEW motors and VFD's for their servo like performance, ease of progamming with many many options.

X2

their plant is local to me, and they have come through for us many times in emergency situations with motors that are only available in europe.

For three phase industrial duty induction motors on inverters, I prefer Marathon or Reliance/Baldor/ABB. For full speed range inverter duty at or under 30hp, I prefer the Marathon Black Max motor. It's TENV so there is no cooling fan or filter and they are exceptionally quiet on PWM power. For similar duty above 30hp, I prefer the Reliance RPM-AC motor. For fan or pump duty where auxiliary cooling is not needed (TEFC or ODP), I'm ok with just about anybody's motor as long as it meets MG1 Part 31.

Got to agree Ned. It's a sod in the UK with motors coming from all over the world.
The gland entries can be any size and trying to find or fit the correct reducer or adapter for whatever 'cable' you are putting in is a nightmare.

Never a truer word spoken.
Like many electricians, I don't really care which motor, the only wish here, is that the "new one", would be like the "old one".

eg. last week when changing a star delta motor, the original terminals were 8 mm, the new motor had 10 mm terminals, straight away, cut off 8 crimp terminals, find 8 new 10mm ones and re crimp. Then wrong sized glands, no reducers/adapters in stock, had to do "temporary job", with silicone then order adapters, etc etc and do it all again, when they arrived. Took hours, whereas if motors had identical terminal boxes, would take no more than 10 minutes.

"Motor" - Often-used slang for "motor-car", or automobile as you guys across the pond call them.

So... Aston-Martin ! :ROFLMAO:

Never a truer word spoken.
Like many electricians, I don't really care which motor, the only wish here, is that the "new one", would be like the "old one".

eg. last week when changing a star delta motor, the original terminals were 8 mm, the new motor had 10 mm terminals, straight away, cut off 8 crimp terminals, find 8 new 10mm ones and re crimp. Then wrong sized glands, no reducers/adapters in stock, had to do "temporary job", with silicone then order adapters, etc etc and do it all again, when they arrived. Took hours, whereas if motors had identical terminal boxes, would take no more than 10 minutes.

That is exactly what happened to me! I replaced an "efacec" because it had a 30 mm entry that some pillock had bodged up with washers and a 20 mm gland which was now in an atex zone 22. A cast iron brook crompto had a lovely tapped 25mm entry!