Panel View Communications Module Replacement

KEE-ITT

I would like to change a Panel view (2711-T10C1) configured to communicate RIO to a different format. The communications module appears to removable. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement and procedure that will allow the Panel View to talk DH+ serial to an Allen Bradley 504 CPU or ethernet to an Allen Bradley 505 CPU?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Not sure it is possible to swap communication modules on the PanelViews, seem to remember trying to do this a few years back and finding out it was not possible. The newer PanelView Plus allow you to add/change communication modules I believe. Maybe some of our more enlightened contributors on this site may be able to shed more light on this for you.
As a matter of interest why do you want to change from RIO between the PV1000 and the SLC?

KEE-ITT said:
The CPU505 that I have does not connect to the RIO port on the PV1000.

If you have a spare slot in the SLC chassis have you considered a 1747-SN RIO Scanner module?