PanelPilot ACE Modbus communication

Aleiste

Has anyone gotten Modbus RTU to work with this HMI in any fashion?

We've been hooking it to different PLCs and sensors. We've tried it in master & slave configurations. Still need to try hooking two PanelPilots together to see if they'll talk to each other.

One interesting thing I see in Modscan64 is writing a value to any holding register makes that value appear in holding register 40001. This is the only time I get a valid slave response.

Lascar sales and support currently just have holiday away messages..

Update:

I was able to get get 2 PanelPilots talking to each other. In slave mode the PanelPilot seems to only work with 2-register/32-bit values.

No luck with getting the HMI to communicate with any other Modbus device (all of which will happily talk to each other).