Panelview 1000 firmware

Bingo713

I've got a problem with a Panelview 2711-K10C8L1. I have one unit that has firmware version 4.46 and another unit that has 4.41. How can I copy version 4.46 off of the Panelview and install it onto the unit that has 4.41.

Thanks,

Brian Holloway

You need to use ControlFlash to change it. You can't simply copy a file to achieve what you want. Don't worry, ControlFlash it easy.

ControlFlash works for most Rockwell Automation controller devices, but the PanelView Plus is different enough that it has a specific Firmware Update Wizard (FUW).

The Compatibility/Upgrade website selects ControlFlash as a default download when you select any device including PV+, but that's not meaningful.

You go through the same website, and the same qualification process to be eligible to download firmware kits for the PV+ terminal.

These units are the older panelviews' not the panelview plus units. I've tried the rockwell site but I can't seem to find any updates for the older panels.

These units are the older panelviews' not the panelview plus units. I've tried the rockwell site but I can't seem to find any updates for the older panels.

I didn't even take notice to that.
You will actually need the Panelview Terminal Firmware File Transfer Utility.
As far as getting the identical version that you need, I am not sure. Do you have the CD? It has the utility and the firmware files on it.

Why do you need that exact version, just out of curiosity?

OK, I just downloaded the entire PB32 install from Rockwell. It includes the utility and the firmware files.
When you go to the download section, search 2711-ND3.

Good luck!

Last edited: