PanelView 1000 Plus - Configuration

juanmdx

Hi,
I have a PanelView Plus 1000 (color, touch) and I want to download a very simple program to it, I've already create de screens on the PanelBuilder32, but I haven't been able to download it.

I'm trying to have communication with the panel via serial cable and via ethernet, but I still can't.
Via de serial I configure the protocol on DF1 and the auxiliar port Usage on Download, but nothing.
VIa ethernet the same.

When I choos the File->Workstation setup, it tells me that RSLinx is unavailable and that there are no COM ports available for the internal DF1 Driver; but my COM1 (the serial one) is free and I can use it to communicate to a SLC505 PLC.

I also tryed to use de RSLinx (Ver. 2.2) to have communication, on the serial panel I choose RS232-DF1 devices, but the "auto-configure" gives me an error and tells me to check mi cable connections (I'm using the same cable I use to communicate to a SLC 505), and via ethernet I don't know how to do it...; and when I choose de RSWho it tells me that it can't create the "empty document".

I realy hope someone can help me, and I'm very thankful for your time.

Atte.
Juan

You cannot download a Panelbuilder 32 program to a Panelview Plus 1000. Panelbuilder 32 is AB software and used for regular panelview HMI's. RSView Studio is used for program and screen development for a Panelview Plus.

Hope this helps.

sitll not working

Hi, thanks a lot for the RSView Studio tip, I also created a simple screen for the panelview plus 1000, but I still don't have communication with it, how do I do it?

Juan

Last edited:
You have to us RSViewStudio to develop your screens and to download them to a PanelView Plus.

Panelbuilder32 WILL NOT WORK with the PVPlus.

Thanks for telling me I need to use de RSView Studio, I already create a simple displays for my panel but I still don't know how to communicate with it, does anybody can tell me where can I find a RSViewStudio tutorial or something?.

Thanks

Juan

After you have created your application in RSView Studio, you will have to save your application, then Application > Create Runtime Application. Then you'll need to use the ME Transfer Utility to transfer that runtime application (.mer) to the PVPlus. In ME Transfer Utility, you'll pick the file to move and the path to the PVPlus you wish to load.

I get there, but in the "Select destination terminal", where appears an RSLinx I can't find the RS232 or DF1, it only appears the backplane (wich I don't have) and an ethernet (wich I'm not using), that's why I tell you I don't have communication and I don't know how to make it.

Juan

From the Transfer Utility help screens:

You must configure an RSLinx Enterprise driver for the application transfer on both the source computer and the destination terminal. The download cannot take place until a driver is configured. If the driver on the source computer has not already been configured in RSLinx Enterprise, right-click on the source computer in the RSLinx Enterprise communication tree and set the necessary driver properties. The driver on the terminal is configured through the Terminal Settings options in the terminal's configuration mode.