panelview plus 1000 graphic question

bfranklin

Version 6
I want to have a password enabled button. How do I do this?
Do I have to have logic in the PLC to do this?

Thanks

Hi bfranklin,
You need to insert a login button which will open a login screen when pushed, you may also insert a logout. You will find it under object tab. You will also need to set up the users and passwords that are required for access to specific screens, i.e. you will have specific screens with engineering settings that would be reserved to maintenance.

See this thread http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=77905 where we have explained how to set up the user groups.

Anymore questions come back and I will do a detailed description of the required steps if required.

Regards,
Donnacha

Usually the way I've done it is setup a user to have a certain security code, let's say code "P" for now (make sure the default permission doesn't have access to security code "P").

Now make a button, but give it a visibility animation so that it is only visible when this expression is true "CurrentUserHasCode(P)".

Hi Brendan.Buchan,
I like the idea of using the visibility of a button depending on user access rights.

However could it work for the visibility of a login button?

Wouldn't you have to login to satisfy when this expression is true "CurrentUserHasCode(P)" unless the default user had access to (P) which means the button would be visible to all users?

Regards,
Donnacha.

Hi Brendan.Buchan,
I like the idea of using the visibility of a button depending on user access rights.

However could it work for the visibility of a login button?

Wouldn't you have to login to satisfy when this expression is true "CurrentUserHasCode(P)" unless the default user had access to (P) which means the button would be visible to all users?

Regards,
Donnacha.

I'm not sure it would work in this application.

What I usually do is on the top right of the screen have a field that displays the current logged in user with a transparent GoToDisplay button underneath it that brings up a small popup window with Login/Logout buttons and also a Shutdown Runtime button that becomes visible once the higher level user has been logged in.