Panelview Plus 1000 Problems With Message Displays

drewkgb

Hi everyone this is my first post so I will try not to mess up. I am trying to add a display to a panelview pluss 1000 application that will pop up when a bit in the PLC is set. I have done this on a panelview plus 1500 and it works fine, however it will not work on the 1000. Is there something in the setup of the application that can keep this from working? Or maybe something I have overlooked?

In the 'Startup' window, accessible under system, check the 'Information messages' box.
The information display will only pop-up when the connection value changes from a zero value to a non-zero value

So you basically want the PLC to change screens correct?

First, each screen must have a unique display number. Right click on the display and select Display Settings. You will see display number. By default they are all one.

Then in global settings, go to the Display tab. You must setup a tag for Remote Display Number. In the PLC, if this tag has a zero in it, the user can change displays from the PanelView. Say you put a 1 in it, the PanelView will be forced to screen 1. The PanelView will stay on screen 1 until you either put a zero back in that tag, or you put another number, forcing it to another screen.

Hi most of this has worked for me, in that I can write the page number to my tag and bring up the page however when writing a zero back to this tag this page does not go away?:mad:

Writing a zero does not do anything but give control back to the panelview. You either need to tell it to go to a different screen number, or write a zero and have a back button (or another screen navigation).

It would not.

Say you have 3 screens, screen 1, 2 and 3. An each one has a navigation button to the others. The PanelView is currently on screen 1. You put a value of 2 into the screen navigation tag, the PanelView will go to screen 2. If a value of 2 remains in that tag, the PanelView will remain on screen 2 even if the user presses one of the screen navigation. You can put a 3 in it, and it will go to screen 3, but it is forced to screen 3.

If you then put a zero in the screen navigation tag, the PanelView will remain on the screen that it currently is on. But now your screen navigation will work. A zero basically just gives control back to he PanelView.

One-shot to get it to switch screen, then default back to 0 work? I'm looking form the CLX side, rather than the PV. I don't know the answer to this just wondering...

Best, John

It would not.

Say you have 3 screens, screen 1, 2 and 3. An each one has a navigation button to the others. The PanelView is currently on screen 1. You put a value of 2 into the screen navigation tag, the PanelView will go to screen 2. If a value of 2 remains in that tag, the PanelView will remain on screen 2 even if the user presses one of the screen navigation. You can put a 3 in it, and it will go to screen 3, but it is forced to screen 3.

If you then put a zero in the screen navigation tag, the PanelView will remain on the screen that it currently is on. But now your screen navigation will work. A zero basically just gives control back to he PanelView.

You will want the logic that writes the values to the Screen Control Tag to operate like a one-shot so it doesn't continue to overwrite the screen number, but typically, in your ladder logic you will have something like this:

PV_screen_control.jpg

You will want the logic that writes the values to the Screen Control Tag to operate like a one-shot so it doesn't continue to overwrite the screen number, but typically, in your ladder logic you will have something like this:

Okie,

The PanelView doesn't write to that tag, it only looks at the value. Regardless if it's a one shot or not, there is still a value in there. Say you one shot a 2 into the tag, the screen will remain on 2 until either you put another value in it to force it to a screen, or you put a zero into the tag (which gives control back to the panelview).

Yes, I understand. The rung I posted does exactly that, but uses the Screen Status tag to ensure that the PV actually did display the called screen before clearing the register. You could do it without the status tag by using a timer or something I suppose, but I like the sure fire method.

Yes, I understand. The rung I posted does exactly that, but uses the Screen Status tag to ensure that the PV actually did display the called screen before clearing the register. You could do it without the status tag by using a timer or something I suppose, but I like the sure fire method.

My bad, didn't notice that it was a clr