Panelview plus 1000 to compactlogix l43s

daniel yang

Anyone know how to build the communication between panelview plus 1000 and compactlogix l43s controller by ethernet. after downloading the program to panelview, can not read and write the tags from PLC. need tip!

Can you show us what you have in your Communications Setup? And, what version of FT Studio are you using?

Here is an example. Note that for the PV to talk to the controller you must configure the Target tab so that your shortcut is pointing to the controller. This can be done by manually adding the devices as shown. This is what you would do if you were not currently connected to the devices.

Or, if you are connected to the network with the devices, you can browse on the Design (Local) tab and get it setup there and then click the Copy from Design to Runtime button.

OG

L43 View ME.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks. I can see what you said and the problem is when i configured the i/o points on dispays, I can only browse the I/o with word type. I can not see the I/o bit which I want.
How can I get the I/O bit directly when I configure I/O indicator for panelview?

If you can see word, you should be able to see bit.
bit individual tag is one level up of the word tag. Word tag bit are at the right hand side.
Just click the offline or online folder, all the individual bit tags would be at the right hand side.
word tag are packed in the folders under offline or online folder.

Last edited:
Ok, so not to contradict, but FT View actually won't show you bits that are part of larger words. So for example it will let me pick MyTag (a DINT), but it won't let me pick MyTag.5 (BOOL in that DINT). Instead I would have to select MyTag and then manually type the ".5" after the tag name. This would also apply to your digital inputs and outputs. You cannot select the individual input or output bits. You have to select the word first and then manually type the bit number.

If the bit is part of a structure, like say the Done bit on a timer, then yes, it will let you select that. You would select the timer tag name on the left hand side of the Tag Browser window and all of the associated elements (accumulator, preset, done bit) would appear on the right.

And to clarify Andrew's statement...folders and tag structures will appear on the left, and tags will appear on the right. Whether they are BOOLs or DINTs, the tags themselves will appear on the right. A good example of this is the built-in System folder. Click the folder name on the left and then on the right you will see BOOL, DINT, and STRING type tags.

Also, if you have a stand-alone BOOL tag that you have created in the PLC, you will be able to see that too.

OG

Last edited: