Panelview slow to communicate on startup

You can shave a number of seconds off the boot time by following this:

Connect to the web page --> Help --> Support --> Show Information Commonly Needed by Field Service --> Configure --> type: boot fast (hit enter; you should see command complete)--> type: do wr (hit enter; you should see building configuration...OK)

Also be sure that you have a smartport assigned to the port. By default a port without a smartport assignment will go through the Spanning-Tree algorithm and increase the time to communication. Smartports apply a command that removes this algorithm running on the specific port.

This worked BEAUTIFULLY!!! Everything starts up quickly, almost to the speed of a simple spider switch. Thanks a ton!

Similar Topics

We have been having problems with one of our panelview plus 7 – 1000 hmi screens. When pressing the GO TO screen button the system will continue...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with an Allen Bradley SLC 5/05 program acting “slow”. A few months ago, I noticed an issue with a part of my PLC program not...
Replies
Views
Recently we upgraded a panelview for a piece of equipment at my job, that originally had a panelview 600 (that worked great) to a panelview plus 7...
Replies
Views
Hi All. Im currently working on a project which entails copying a project from Plc and Hmi to a like for like system. I have managed to put the...
Replies
Views
I am working with my first Panelview Plus 6, using FT View Studio 5.00 and I have noticed an odd/bothersome behavior. If I try to repeatedly...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom