PanelView900 upload issue

cs_dws

I have a Panelview900 (2711-K9A1) connected to a SLC5/03 through a 1747-SN scanner. I am trying to upload to my laptop using a 1747-UIC. I selected Pass-Through, but I keep getting error message: (Error:2524) PCCCEXT0C, Resource not available. I tried to communicate in RUN & PROG mode, but get the same error messages.
My laptop does not have a RS232 port. I have tried to communicate with the PanelView through its RS232 port using the 1747-UIC, but no joy.

I see the SLC5/03 in RSLINX, but nothing about the PanelView.

Anyone have any ideas?

The pass-through bit is for linking communications between channels 0 and 1 on the 5/03, not between a channel and a remote I/O scanner.

The UIC uses the DH-485 protocol, not DF1, thats why the direct connect to the PV is not working.

Easist thing to do here would be to get a USB-serial adapter (search the AB technotes for a known mfg that works) and IIRC a straight through serial cable to connect to the PV. Get a null modem cable too and you can talk to any SLC 5/03 and up on channel 0.

A long shot, I haven't tried it, would be to connect the download port of the PV to channel 0 of the 5/03 while monitoring RSLinx for a pass-through with your UIC on channel 1.

Last edited: