PIDE in RSLogix V20.03

godfrey

What PID parameter is moved to the output, CVEU? Is it PID.OUT or PID.SO? Looking for a better description of SO and OUT than what the manual says.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for – but maybe this will help ...

the title of your thread says "PIDE" – and CVEU is a term from the PIDE instruction ... (we're OK so far) ...

but ...

your questions seem to be about "SO" and "OUT" – which are PID terms (not PIDE) ...

if you can give us a little more detail, we should be able to help you nail this down ...

just to move the discussion along, the following tip is based on the assumption that you're actually dealing with "manual values" for PIDE – and not for PID ...

there are basically THREE "manual" values which can be written to CV ... once the CV output has been established, then the CVEU (if you need it) is further calculated from the CV value ...

just for a simple example:

CV could be set up to range from 0 to 100 (as a percentage output) ... CVEU could then be further calculated from the CV value to provide an additional signal ranging from 4 to 20 milliamps ...

the three manual values that I mentioned are:

(1) CVOverride ...
(2) CVHandFB ...

and then:

(3) either CVProg ... or ... CVOper ... depending on whether you've selected the "Program" state – or the "Operator" state ...

hope this helps ... if not, post more details and we'll try again ...

Last edited: