PLC 5 AI Series software

Timo697

I have a PLC 5/40E programmed by someone else with RSLogix5 software. I have a version of the old AI series software. Can I go online with the AI series without corrupting the program in the plc?

I have a PLC 5/40E programmed by someone else with RSLogix5 software. I have a version of the old AI series software. Can I go online with the AI series without corrupting the program in the plc?
I don't think it would corrupt the program in the PLC. The (Compiled) file created by old A.I. Series software or by RSLogix-5 should be similar. However, I stopped using the old A.I. series software since 1998.
I would give it a try - if you can go online using old software, then should not have any problem.
You can get more info here:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/9399-in001_-en-p.pdf

I hope, that helps.
Regards,
--RD.