PLC error code 497 0x050000

HeyBeebo

Hi!

I'm fairly new to PLCs, and a PLC I was swapping sensors for shows the error code 497 - 0x050000 on the top of the HMI when I powered it back on. I looked at an error code table and found that the error indicates "path destination is unknown: the path is referencing an object class, instance or structure element that is not known or is not contained in the processing node."

I was wondering what I could do to resolve this error or what I would need to check?

For the PLC and HMI I would have to get back to you on that. i don't have the exact model numbers on me right now.

For the sensors, I don't think so. They are reed switches that were swapped in an I/O card. Old sensors were swapped out in the exact input slots

You know enough to read the manual and you remember the exact text of the fault message. You can describe the maintenance you did in reasonable detail. You're smart enough to have found this site and set up an account so you could post a question.

And you didn't think the brand of PLC and HMI are relevant?

I think I'll get me a big bowl of popcorn and just watch the show along with Peter Nachtwey and Drbitboy. Any other amateur dentists want to watch the teeth slowly get pulled?

Ah my bad! Just reread my first post and realized I didn't even include the brand. :eek:šŸ™ƒ

To clarify,

the brand is AB. I believe the plc is a controllogix.

The HMI is a Automation Direct C-More. From I believe the CM5 series or the EA9.

For more detail on the reed switches, the old reed switches were D-A73s and I swapped them to D-A93s.

I don't have the exact model numbers on me atm. I completely gapped on making note of them before having to leave.

That sounds like an error generated by the HMI. It suggests the HMI tried to get some information from the PLC and the request failed.
If you powered up the PLC and the HMI simultaneously, the HMI may have started running before the PLC did. Try cycling power to the HMI while leaving the PLC powered.