Plc for Beam saw

peterklos

Hi all
We have a1980’s Selco woodworking beam saw and the OEM PLC ( type NCI) has gone down and the replacement parts are more expensive than the cost of the saw.
We want to replace the PLC it with a DL06 and need some advice to see if it is a viable request.

Basically you enter a length to be cut , a sheet is unloaded from a rack by a hydraulic pusher and loaded on to the cutting table , a pusher bar moves to the set position via a servo motor and encoder , a servo motor and encoder moves a score saw and it comes up and scores the board , then a cut saw come up and gives it a final cut. This is just a basic overview and their are many interlocks and inputs both hydraulic and electrical.

I have a couple of DL 06’s so they are the first choice , I have worked with LinuxCNC EMC and it now has a plc inclusion and thought this may be an option.

I have limited knowledge on PLC programming so any suggestions greatly appreciated

Regards peter

Peter,

Yes, the DL-06 could do the job. It has add-on analog board options. Go with what you know, where possible.

This sounds like a complicated project for one with limited PLC experience. You may want to consider a system integrator.