PLC matlab data aquisition

hamzasyyed

hi
im trying to aquire data from a siemens PLC 314ifm via MPI using matlab as the software onto my PC
now from what i understand is that to use matlab i will need to create an interface between the two using an OPC toolbox
but when i tried to use the toolbox it wasnt working it was asking an address for the PLC, where can i find this address, is there some driver that comes with the siemens PLC that needs to be installed on the PC and where can i locate the address of the PLC from, because the simatic manager is working fine and programs are being downloaded to the PLC aswell, so im guessing the drivers exist,
if any one has experience of this sort of thing please help me by giving a step by step to do list .
thank you

Hello,

It has been a long time since I used it ...
I used OPC connecton which means you need to have SimaticNET installed on your PC and you use OPC toolbox in mathlab.
This might be helpfull...

http://gdauto.gdut.******/lab1/lwfy_files/04346760.pdf