Plc program management idea

stu

hi guys
I need help with how to set up a plc program management, we are looking into documenting plc changes ,back ups and mods but im not sure what is the best way to do this, has anyone
seen or done a system that our site engineers can follow. thanks stu

http://www.mdt-software.com/News_Events/Article_PLCchangeManagement.pdf
Interesting article on change management.

I have see this accomplished several different ways.
All backups and version changes are kept on the server. Standard practice is the review the current backup with the version running in the machine. If they are the same then modify, document and save to next version.
If the current backup is different then save a copy of the with the next version number. Modify , document and save to the next version.

Hope this helps,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

The problem with MDT and Rockwell's version of it is that they work best if everything is networked together. Working with multiple sites and multiple automation techies the best I can do is make everyone store the files on a networked drive with a spreadsheet documenting changes for each processor.