plc restting

meraj hasan khan said:
how a running plc can be reset

Please be more specific.
Brand and model number?
Explain what 'reset' means to you.

The term 'reset' can mean more than one thing.
Reset to factory settings, which means default communications and no program in memory.
Reset in a running program, which I would interpret as all latches and timer/counter values to off/zero. Sequences to startup. Among other things specific to a brand. Comunications and program are intact. This is more of a machine reset.
Depending on how a program was wrote, sometimes a power down can reset a machine. All 'sealed in' outputs would be off or whatever the intended state is.

Err.. What do you want to reset?
Do you want to clear the memory while running?

Throw it real hard into a wall. (joke)

What plc are you using?
Be more specific.

Edit:

John was writing at the same time

nettogrisen said:
Err.. What do you want to reset?
Do you want to clear the memory while running?

Throw it real hard into a wall. (joke)

What plc are you using?
Be more specific.

Edit:

John was writing at the same time
I've had several OPTO22's I'd like to meet a wall. o_O

For John - After so many similar "be more specific" responses, I've begun to ignore posts like OP provided...but that's just me - and you'll probably catch me breaking my own rule from time to time.

Ken had a great web page linked in about posting really good questions to forums. It even included searching first - imagine that. I can't seem to find it, though.

Last edited: