PLC vs Microprocessors

dram_sugive

hi,
eventhough its basic thing plz dont ignore this. i want to know abt advantages of PLC over Microprocessors and Microcontrollers.
and also cost effective to one another.
i thank all o f u in advance.
ram

microprocessors are used in PLCs, but you need lot's of other components to turn it into a plc (memory, clock, firmware, power supply, i/o points, terminals, complete communication ports and much more.

how do brick and house compare or engine and a car?

Similar Topics

does PLC uses microprocessors or microcontrollers?what r their features which can be noted in a typical PLC?what exactly makes a plc to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to set up a plc. I've never done any programming with ladder logic previously. I'm trying to set up a a program to turn a device...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about an encoder that has absolute measurement. Specifically, it's the Lika SMA5, which I would like to connect...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about an encoder that has absolute measurement. Specifically, it's the Lika SMA5, which I would like to connect...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to integrate a Beckhoff IPC with a Controllogix PLC. There is some documentation, on the Beckhoff website, on how to do a PLC-PLC comms...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom