PLC5 to Control Logix fuse problem

P.BELL

Hi there.
First off let me explain that I'm not a programmer. I have basic fault finding abilities.
I have had some local suppliers in to help with my migration to update our PLC. They spec'd all the modules, chassis, and conversion equipment needed for the transfer to ensure the correct kit.
I have since pointed out that our output cards have 3A fuses in the face of them. If the new chassis is to cover these to allow the compact logix modules to sit in front of them, what happens to the fuse access?
I am being told that they will now need to rewire around the problem.
Surely Rockwell will have taken this into account, and made a conversion rack to suit? Or is this not an option even.
Just trying to get some answers today, as I have a meeting with them tomorrow, and would like some background ammunition before they arrive.
Thanks in advance.

Paul

I was not aware that there is a PLC5 to CompactLogix migration implementation; I am aware that there are PLC5 to ControlLogix hardware migration solutions; http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pp/migrat-pp003_-en-e.pdf
If this is what your customers are trying to accomplish and since the 1771 hardware is going to be entirely removed (including the 1771-OD16 Isolated AC Output modules you are mentioning) the 1492 conversion kit will cover up the fused 1771 field wiring arm.
The 1756 equivalent, the 1757-OA16I Isolated Output module does not provide individual point fusing.
You will probably have to implement the PLC5-to-CLX kit for all the 1771 modules except the fused ones and use one of the 1492 Digital IFM fusible modules with the prewired 1492 cables. The Isolated Outputs field wiring will be terminated within the 1492 IFM fuse block terminals.
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/td/1492-td008_-en-p.pdf

My mistake. It should have read Control Logix.
Thanks for the info. At least I will now have an idea when my suppliers turn up.