Powerflex 525 drive with adc

stu

Hi
I have a powerflex 525 that is connected on ethernet to a compactlogix and is on ADC ,
I have just changed a setting on the drive and if I turn the drive off the settings go back to previous setting. Can you tell me what the step by steps are to store the setting please

Is it as easy as
Go offline, change the drive setting, save the studio file , and sownload to the plc

I believe the help gives you guidelines on how ADC works on that drive.

But I believe if you check ADC off while online I think it just is no longer adc backup. Then change the parameter, then enable ADC. I think if you save your plc files between steps this ensures the new config is saved on the drive. Now the new parameter is part of the ADC.

Go out cycle power on the drive to make sure your new parameter is part of new ADC config.

I dont believe you need to do a download but maybe i am wrong?

The only issue that has always been an issue if a new drive is installed that is a new firmware version. ADC will choke on a different level. But that is easily solved by just flashing new drive to the old drives firmware.

Last edited:
But I believe if you check ADC off while online I think it just is no longer adc backup. Then change the parameter, then enable ADC. I think if you save your plc files between steps this ensures the new config is saved on the drive. Now the new parameter is part of the ADC.

I think the key here is that the configuration that will be downloaded to the drive is stored on the PLC, so you need to change the parameter there, not on the drive itself. I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I looked into ADC.

I think the key here is that the configuration that will be downloaded to the drive is stored on the PLC, so you need to change the parameter there, not on the drive itself. I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I looked into ADC.

That is correct, change on the plc. When you change on plc, just go to drive see it change when you go to that parameter. That way it makes sense to you.

When your done with changes on plc side you need to do a save on drive, then save the plc file. This is before you set ADC on drive.