Powerflex 700s migration to 755TS

AlQattan14

Hi,
I have Powerflex 700s drive which I need to migrated to 755TS, and I have concerns with drive parameters, Is there is way to export and import from old drive to new different type of drive. And what other changes/ advise (othet then parameters)I need to take care about it.

I don't know of any "easy" way to convert parameters from one family to another. You would have to have both drive files open at the same time and go through the parameters one at a time. If you were setting up a new drive of the same kind, you could filter for non-default parameters, but I wouldn't bet on the 2 drives you're talking about having the same default values for all parameters.

Also, the 700S has a DriveLogix sidecar, which is a Logix 5000 PLC. If there's any code in there, you'll need a plan to move it elsewhere. The one system I've changed from a 700S to a 755 had a ControlLogix PLC in the line, so the PLC could handle the code. It wasn't at all a straightforward migration.

The 755 doesn't support "Dynamic user sets" the way the 700 did so if your using that feature you may end up having a bad time. You can use "Device logix" as a replacement as long as you don't have too many parameters to change.

My starting point would be to identify the parameters in the old drive that have been changed from the factory default value and set the corresponding parameters in the new drive accordingly. Then at least take a look at any new options available in the new drive to see if they can be of any benefit to your application.