Printing Red Lion G3 Touch Screen Images

Can any body help me. I have a Red Lion G306 Touch screen that I have Programed. I need to find out how to print screen Images so I can include them in Customers training documentation.

right click on page, select capture screen, choose what you want to capture to clipboard.

open Window's Paint or other picture editor and paste contents from clipboard.

Right click and capture will only work with Crimson 3 and it doesn't work to well for training manuals if you have objects and texts that are usually hidden and only appear under certain conditions. You can remotely log into the application via the web server and take a screenshot from the internet explore if the target HMI is accessible over the Ethernet. To some extend this should also work with the emulator.

Snippy

Go here :www.bhelpuri.net/Snippy/
and download the FREE "Snippy" tool.

Or just Google "Snippy".

This will allow you to drag a box around( or trace freehand ) anything on the screen. When you release the mouse button it places it on the Windows clipboard. It can then be "pasted" into any document. It works great!

We use it all the time for training manuals & documentation.

I've done it a couple of different ways. I prefer to either do screen grabs (ctrl-alt-printscreen) while running the emulator or to use the PrintScreenToFile() function in the actual HMI with a global pushbutton. Then just go to each HMI screen, hit the button and presto, it will save a bitmap of the screen to the CompactFlash card.

Images

True, on most computers you can just do a "SHIFT"+"PRNT SCRN" (or some similar function + keystroke)and it will move the entire screen to the clipboard. This is much easier if you want the whole screen.

The "snippy" is great if you only want a portion of what's on the screen.

thanx

Last edited:
Adding the "Alt" will just capture the active window (emulator) and not the whole screen. The only minor problem is that it will grab a square window and since the corners of the emulator are rounded you will see just a sliver of what is behind the emulator. I just make sure the emulator is over a blank white screen.