printing reports in Factorytalk View ME

waynejr25

I have an application that reads a bit value from 5 plc's and uses an expression to compare the bits and print a display screen based on that logic. My logic works fine when all the plc's are up and running the problem I am having is when I turn off one of the plc's the expression does not work anymore even though the other four are still up and running. Does anybody know a way to print reports or even a display screen using logic from five different plc's and also ignore the Error of any down plc?

Is any particular PLC up all the time?
If yes, message all the data there and read only from that one.
If no, use separate displays for each event and print them?
The best solution might just be to get a Red Lion Data Station Plus, and use that to intelligently print your desired reports/data to a serial printer.

Yeah I can do that I guess as long as that one doesn't go down for any particular reason. I am currently using multiple displays for each plc but the problem is FTView ME only has the one tag for Remote Print and one tag for Remote Display # and you have to use an expression to select values from different plc's, so your first solution would work as long as the main plc is always up. I don't think the customer would be happy with that so I will look into that Red Lion Data Station Plus software.

Ok I decided to go with your data station plus but I don't see any info in the manual about setting up reports and printing in the manual.

The DSPlus is fully programmable, so you will have to write some code.
For that matter, I've never tried using one with a PV+, but it might be possible to use the DSPlus to aggregate the data you require from the PLC's, and use it to intelligently trigger reports on the PV+. It does talk DF1, so it might be able to talk to the PV+, I'm not sure.

hi i have a panasonic matsushita nais fpo-c32t plc they have protected password i need to upload please can help me if any one know about this how can creak or how can i upload ,
thanx.

hi i have a panasonic matsushita nais fpo-c32t plc they have protected password i need to upload please can help me if any one know about this how can creak or how can i upload ,
thanx.

I have an application that reads a bit value from 5 plc's and uses an expression to compare the bits and print a display screen based on that logic. My logic works fine when all the plc's are up and running the problem I am having is when I turn off one of the plc's the expression does not work anymore even though the other four are still up and running. Does anybody know a way to print reports or even a display screen using logic from five different plc's and also ignore the Error of any down plc?

Well, one obvious way would be to make one of the PLCs the data repository, and have the other four dump into that one.
Or, you could make a wagon-wheel, where valid copies of all the other PLCs reside in each PLC. Then, in FTVME, you could select where you want to make the calculation from.

Wait... this guy Khobaib9 has only posted twice, more than a year apart, with precisely the same text in an unrelated thread ?

Something's funky in the servers today. Little bubbles of old threads reappearing as new posts ?

I'll say this is probably a by-product of the upgrade testing. Or gremlins.

Last edited: