Problem of Step5 v7.X connect to CPU928B:

Alpha

I use a portable PC (step5 v 7.0) to connect CPU928B, the problem is communication not stable(It will stable if use PC to connect PLC): I can online monitor s5 program, but PLC timeout frequently. I think the portable PC¡¯s com1 port not good, so I had to change com1¡¯s settings. Can someone tell me how can I config parameter in s5@@@@AS.ini? How to change the timeout between data?
[COM1:]
IO=3f8
IRQ=4
BAUD=9600
STOPBITS=2
PARITY=EVEN
RESPONSE_TIME=2000
CHAR_TIME=15000
BLOCK_LENGTH=256
BLOCK_TIME=200
TIME_AFTER_BREAK=0
SIO_SPEED=SLOW

make sure that your laptop is earthed to same power supply as PLC

I wouldn't change those settings, they will either work correctly or not at all.

Hi, charlesfan

Yes, I do. I use step5 v7.0 and 232/tty cable to connect PC and cpu928.Have you good ideas to improve it? Thanks.
The tty cable is made by Four Starts, Deyang,Sichuan.RMB£¤400