problem with AB 1784-U2DN

jugenzhu1963

hi
I just got a new AB 1784-u2dn cable. I setup everything which included updating rslinx to 2.57. I can see the usb in rslinx. when open rsnetworx and connect to network i can not find anything on net which consist of 12 nodes. the usb light is on. the module ststus light is flishing red. the network status light is off. anyone can help me out to solve the problem?

thanks

Be absolutely certain the U2DN is not at the same DeviceNet node address as another device on the network.

What data rate is the U2DN running at ? For Autobaud to work you need to plug into the DNet first, then plug in the USB side next.

thank you. i try different node and both "125k" and "auto" but no luck. another thing is that when i unplug the devicenet connector i can get 24 vdc on red and black terminal, when i plug in the 1784-u2dn the voltage is 0. is this nomal or not?

Wow, that is definitely not normal. It sounds like your U2DN is damaged, with a short circuit in the power section.