Problems on backup Mitsubishi FX1N-24MR-ES/UL

HYW6688

Hi guys,

I've encountered a weird problem backing up my old FX1N-24MR-ES/UL PLCs. Hope I can get some helps here. I'm grateful for all the help.

I got some old FX1N-24MR-ES/UL PLCs working on machines, and most of them are working 24/7 for more than 8 years now.

Since Mitsubishi isn't selling and manufacturing FX1N-24MR-ES/UL anymore, I tried to find some compatible alternatives.

I bought a Shihlin Electric AX1N-24MR-ES(It got licensed from Mitsubishi to approve it's 100% compatible with FX1N-24MR-ES/UL) and a copied FX1N-24MR-ES/UL from China.

I downloaded and verified programs/parameters into both PLCs via GX Works2(both PLCs shown as Mitsubishi FX1N-24MR in GX Works2), but they both work about 5~10% differently from the original ones on the machines. But it seems the both new PLCs are working identically.

I've tried download the original program/parameters to a old original FX1N-24MR-ES/UL and it works well, so it seems the program/parameters I read out is correct.

I've also checked the both VRs(D8030, D8031) aren't used in the program.

May you please let me know what else I can do or test to make the new PLCs I working 100% identically as the old ones?

I'm grateful for all your kindly help guys.

Thank you and have a nice day:beerchug:

You need to transfer Parameters, Program and also the Memory of D registers.

Mitsubishi does not manufacture F1XN but it makes actually models that can replace it perfectly, like the FX3S. It is the option that I would have taken, for reliability and also because I know that those Chinese clones do not support some special functions, like some high-speed instructions/counters/timers

Last edited:
You need to transfer Parameters, Program and also the Memory of D registers.

Mitsubishi does not manufacture F1XN but it makes actually models that can replace it perfectly, like the FX3S. It is the option that I would have taken, for reliability and also because I know that those Chinese clones do not support some special functions, like some high-speed instructions/counters/timers

Thank you for the reply mate.

Yes I've tried downloaded with memory data too, but it still works differently. I guess it's like you said that the copied ones are 100% identical to the original one.

I've checked the FX3 Series as you adviced, it seems the FX3G-24MR/ES(-A) is the one for my FX1N-24MR-ES/UL replacement.

Should I just change the PLC type in GX Works2 to FX3G-24MR/ES and then download the program, parameters and memory to the new FX3G? Or is there any other parts that I should modify during making the change to FX3G?

I'm grateful for your kindly help mate, wish you have a nice day : )

Normally these changes never work 100% the first time, as almost always in any programming work.

Some subsequent debugging is always required and obviously for this someone with experience in PLC programming is needed.

Normally these changes never work 100% the first time, as almost always in any programming work.

Some subsequent debugging is always required and obviously for this someone with experience in PLC programming is needed.

Thank you for the experience sharing mate, I'll look into it.

Wish you have a nice day : )