Problems with G306K Red Lion Panel

Garry,

You are correct, there currently is an issue with the Kadet units and the RLC instrument driver. Also as you stated we hope to have the fix included in our next release of the software.

I looked into the converter for you and the problem is actually with the literature for the G307K. In the port pinout for the Com3 RS232 the labeling for Tx and Rx are reversed. Regarding the Pin 5 comm connection, the reason you don't see it is because that connection doesn't cross connectors. There was not a need to connect common on all four connections because the ports on the units are not isolated.

Thanks
Jeremy

Jeremy,
Any idea when this new rev will be out? I am going to have the same problem on 4 machines with 7K's and CUB5's.

Will the Ethernet bug with the K2's also be fixed in the next release?

Thanks,
Phil

Hi Jeremy,

Still waiting for the update, have 3 machines in desperate need for it so would be great to get a crimson 3 update Asap, so any news on this would be greatly appricated.

Regards,

Garry.

Hi Jeremy,

Downloaded a new Crimson 3 update this week, but the Cub5B issue was not listed in the updates fixes. Have yet to try it, but when I do I'll let you know the result.

Garry.

I didn't see the two bug fixes I was looking for either. Fortunately, the 7K2/Cub5 project is delayed for a couple months.

The comms delay of 100ms between 4K2 and ML1100 via Ethernet seems to be working, somewhat.

An issue that crops up once in a while is that the 4K2 seems to have lost communications. I put the commserror on the screen and the last time it happened the commserror was (0), and not (1) like it should be, for a loss of communications. Tag associated screen items go black or blank, and nothing works. The only fix for this is to cycle power on the 4K2 and everything is fine for a few days.

Also, if you go more than finger tight with the mounting screws, the screen wont work. It's just basically hanging there right now.

My rep thinks this may be a hardware issue and suggests that I replace the unit. 3 hours worth of driving, on a good day!

Any suggestions???

A quick heads up for everyone.

I have found that the G304K000 also has the same memory loss problem as the G306k000.

I have also found that if you load Crimson 3 Build 493 and use this to upload your software it (so far) appears to correct the issue.

I think the latest Crimson 3 builds have been designed with the K200 range in mind and something (possibly hardware) has issue with this latest firmware on the older panels. Just a guess, but so far seems to be the case.

Still have issues with the Cub5B and G307k200 however, and really need a fix fast.

Hi Jeremy,

Still waiting for the CUB5 comms to G307k200 to be fixed, any idea when this will happen? I didn't see it in the last update, and still having problems.

Regards,

Garry.

Hi Jeremy,

Still waiting for the CUB5 comms to G307k200 to be fixed, any idea when this will happen? I didn't see it in the last update, and still having problems.

Regards,

Garry.

Garry,

The problem is fixed and we are preparing for the next release of the software which will have this included. However it is probably a couple weeks away from release.

Thanks
Jeremy