Problems with PowerFlex VFD 70

Gould

Hey guys maybe this isn't the right spot to be asking this question but im kind've stumped, with maybe a stupid question - I have 480 going to the VFD and it powers up no problem, however there is no green LED indicator (sts) that turns on. No matter how i change my parameters around (controled by PLC or DPI port 1) it will not turn green ..however i can make it flash red when i conflict my inputs (361 and 362). when powering another vfd 70 up on the bench the green sts indicator comes on automatically (even with factory default settings). is there something im missing? (this isnt a brand new vfd it is one we found that was previous used, however we did the factory default)

Flashing red means there is a fault present and you need to read the fault code to know what it is. Solid red is a non-resettable fault, it’s toasted. Yellow means there is a start inhibit in place. That should show on parameter 214 I think.

sorry there is no light at all , red green or yellow. and when i go to enable digital inputs 361 - enable 362 - run it becomes 'not enabled' and goes red. parameter 214 start prohibitors, bit 3 is activated 'enable' there is no other digital input with 'enable' selected and on parameter 216 none of my inputs are on. (i have 120v on my 120v interface card and 24vdc on my terminals.)

That’s not normal. Either you have a bad main board, a bad HIM, or maybe the HIM is not fully connected. That’s one you should call AB tech support for. (262) 512-8176, free until 4:00 PM Central time.