Produced and Consumed Tags L71 V33.13 to L82E 33.11 error code (16#0203)

jeffecor24

Hi

I have been knocking my head against the wall trying to figure out why these two plcs won't talk with Produced and Consumed Tags data.
The L82E (PressureTester) is the main PLC. It can talk to 6 other PLCs on the line without issue, and one of my team members updated to L71 (HeadMachineC) the original PLC was L61 v20.
After the upgrade, the Produced and Consumed Tags stopped working between those two PLCs.

I have tried removing the devices from both PLCs Ethernet sub-trees and re-adding them, but the issue has not changed. If anyone has an idea to try, it would be helpful.

Thanks,
1709822306274.png

1709822348669.png
1709822429201.png

I'm not seeing anything obvious that jumps out with the configuration. No error on the ethernet modules tells me that the I/O config is setup correctly. I would begin with investigating the tag configuration in the L71 controller. Since the L8x controller and it's other controllers are all functioning I wouldn't expect there to be an issue on that end. Although one thing to look at would be to make sure the Produce tags are configured to allow more than one consumer.

OG

Thanks the replay Operaghost.
I don't anything different in the tag vs anther PLC with the setup maybe I'm missing something.

HeadmachineC L71 to Pressuretest L82e
1709826789452.png
Pressuretest L82E to HeadmachineC

1709828585881.png
The picture below is HeadmachineC and HeadmachineD have the same setup on Produced tag and also sharing the same data too to the same L82E Plc.

1709827022044.png

1709828795478.png

Thanks,

Attachments

• 1709826871064.png
    1709826871064.png
    282.3 KB · Views: 33
In older versions, the default setting was 2 consumers. Somewhere along the way the default was changed to just 1. If there is only one consumer for each Produce tag, then 1 should be fine. I believe the error message you get tells you something about no connection available or not enough connections. Something like that. One thing I saw...on your consumed tag configuration for the L6x controller, for the Remote Data it lists the name of the DINT array. Does it need to specify the first member of the array? I think it shows as ShareToHMID (not positive that is the name). Wondering if it should be SharedToHMID[0]

One thing that bit me once is that the datatype NAME has to match in both processors. The tag names can be different, but the datatypes must match exactly,

What do the produced and consumed data tables look like side by side?
How big is the table?
Moving a single element, ARRAY or UDT?

Have you tried power cycle on both PLCs involved?
(sadly, this has been the solution on a couple cases, possibly tied to older firmware)

Package the DINT arrays (and anything else) inside of a UDT. The first member of the UDT should be "ConnStatus" of type CONNECTION_STATUS. Share the UDT definition in both processors.
For more information, refer to this document: https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm011_-en-p.pdf
The DINT arrays was created about 17 years ago they haven't changed in that time period.
Only thing that has changed is the firmware on the HDC plc upgraded to the L71 from a L61 and add a power flex drive after the upgrade they stop talking.

In older versions, the default setting was 2 consumers. Somewhere along the way the default was changed to just 1. If there is only one consumer for each Produce tag, then 1 should be fine. I believe the error message you get tells you something about no connection available or not enough connections. Something like that. One thing I saw...on your consumed tag configuration for the L6x controller, for the Remote Data it lists the name of the DINT array. Does it need to specify the first member of the array? I think it shows as ShareToHMID (not positive that is the name). Wondering if it should be SharedToHMID[0]
Operaghost, I checked the other Head Machine D. It's on version V20. It's talking to the MainPLC just fine, and it's set to 1 on consumers, the same as on Head Machine C. So I can try to add more consumers, but I don't think it's going to fix the issue.

How big is the table?

Have you tried power cycle on both PLCs involved?
(sadly, this has been the solution on a couple cases, possibly tied to older firmware)
Have you tried power cycle on both PLCs involved? Yes, both PLCs have been Power Cycle many times over the half year of not working.

How big is the table?
This is everything that is communicated between the MainPLC(Pressuretester) to the Head Machine C.
1710269548405.png
1710269640729.png

The only thing I see is the network card show on the web side its disconnect and reconnecting none stop all day. But I'm starting to wonder if the issue is the firmware.

Have you tried power cycle on both PLCs involved? Yes, both PLCs have been Power Cycle many times over the half year of not working.

How big is the table?
This is everything that is communicated between the MainPLC(Pressuretester) to the Head Machine C.
View attachment 68692
View attachment 68693

The only thing I see is the network card show on the web side its disconnect and reconnecting none stop all day. But I'm starting to wonder if the issue is the firmware.

If you sort your Controller tags to list "Only Produced Tags", What do you get?
If you sort your controller tags to list "Only Consumed Tags", What do you get?
Do the 2 list 100% line up to be opposite?
Should the names be the same on both sides?
Produced tag in PLC # 1, tag name = Produced_From_PLC_1
Consumed tag in PLC # 2 tag name = Produced_From_PLC_1
Consumed tag in PLC # 3 tag name = Produced_From_PLC1
Produced tag in PLC # 2 tag name = Produced_From_PLC_2
Consumed Tag in PLC # 1 tag name = Produced_From_PLC_2
Consumed tag in PLC # 3 tag name = Produced_From_PLC_2
Produced tag in PLC # 3 tag name = Produced_From_PLC_3
Consumed Tag in PLC # 1 tag name = Produced_From_PLC_3
Consumed tag in PLC # 2 tag name = Produced_From_PLC_3