program: omeron zen plc

Omg this worked, i was making a small mistake by not clicking the play button while running simulation.
Tons of thanks. I really owe you for making me understand all these things in such short time. Thanks a lot. I got that rung comment suggestion and used in my program. Thanks for that too. Still have lot to learn.

This is what ,worked for me.
Many times here, we see beginners that declare success and move on. Often they did not completely understand the problem, so really have only partly succeeded. In your original posts, you said this:
When first object is detected, output should be set.
after four count, out should reset and start counting and this process will repeat.

If you notice, my programs in Posts 10 and 11 turn on the Output the first time that the sensor goes ON. Also JRW's Post 12 does that too. Your last program in Post #17 does not set the output until the last (4th) count. Maybe that is what you want NOW, but it was not what you wanted back THEN. Which is correct?

I got that rung comment suggestion and used in my program. Thanks for that too. Still have lot to learn.
Seeing is believing. I hear what you are saying, but I see no proof that you really did get it. If you had, you would not have your Rung #3 resetting Q0 AS SOON AS IT GOES ON. The rung comment for that said: "After 4 counts AND sensor is OFF, reset Output and Counter." Your Rung 3 does not wait for 4 counts before it resets the Output. So you have 2 conflicts with your own original instructions. Were those instructions not the REAL instructions?

Last edited:
In your original solution, you used Output Y0. If you want "Y" outputs for the ZEN, you must add the expansion module ZEN-8E. In the software, click on top menu "File, Propperties", then under Expansion Unit 1, select "ZEN-8E**". That will add 4 Y-type outputs Y0 to Y3.