Programming with step7 manual

rubik2511

hi!

I was reading this book and part of declaration of variables in data blocks
found the following information:

This column shows you how the variables in the variable declaration of the function
block are declared:
• Input parameter (IN)
• Output parameter (OUT)
• In/out parameter (IN_OUT)
• Static data (STAT)
The declared temporary local data of the function block are not in the instance data
block.

my question is: what is the difference between input, output and input / output parameter? which is
referred to my entries and exits of the plc?
thanks for the help I'm researching and learning.
Greetings

input - this will be considered as input to the fb/fc

output - the processed logik will give the requied output from the fb/fc

Input/output -- this parameter can be considered as input and output both ie u can use this in multi instance programming
this serves as both input and output at the same time.

Temp-- this are temporary variables which u can use in the logik instead of memory bits but not preffered to use if the function block is called many times
limited memeory

hope this info helps u ?