Prosoft MVI56E-MNET mapping

Derp-Dee-Drrr

Curious if anyone has setup modbus communication with one of these cards in Control Logix. I'm trying to find some example code beyond the AOI config Prosoft provides. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Curious if anyone has setup modbus communication with one of these cards in Control Logix. I'm trying to find some example code beyond the AOI config Prosoft provides. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The AOI is pretty much all of the PLC code you need. Then copying the data from the structure (AOI_MNETC.DATA.ReadData[]) That's likely why the example code is so thin.

The config for the module is done in Prosoft Configuration Builder. That's where the bulk of my work has been so far. I'm in the middle of polling some of our electrical metering.

Mapping the data coming back from the meters, figuring out how many registers should be allocated per meter, what types of data someone will want to trend ... predicting the future sort of stuff .. is a pain.

I will need to spend some time looking at the error codes coming back from the module, alarming when the polling stops, etc. I have not found any example code for that so far.